Department of Regenerative Medicine and Cell biology
News from 2013:
- SCTR Discovery Pilot Project to Kyu-Ho Lee Molecular Mechanisms of Racial Disparity in Pre-eclampsia. Project Period: 9/13 - 8/14.
- Brent Wilkerson, a PhD Candidate working in the laboratory of Dr. Kelley Argraves, successfully defended his dissertation entitled: The Role of Sphingosine 1-phosphate in Endothelial Barrier Function, October 16, 2013
- John Scaringi, studying cardiac electrophysiology in the research lab of Dr. Martin Morad, won First Prize in the undergraduate category of the 2013 W. Curtis Worthington, Jr. Research Paper Competition. "Physicians, Paupers, and the Peninsula: The Emergence of Public Health Policy in Charleston, South Carolina", August 10, 2013
- Obaidullah Aseem, a MSTP student working in the laboratory of Dr. Scott Argraves, successfully defended his thesis entitled: The Epigenetic Regulation of Cubilin and the Physiological Role of this Receptor in Maintaining the Homeostasis of Serum Albumin and HDL, June 14, 2013
- AHA Predoctoral Fellowship award to Kimberly Sauls (Norris Lab) Regulation of Postnatal Cardiac Growth. Project Period: 7/1/13 - 6/30/15. [3.5% score!]
- AHA Grant-in-Aid award to Andy Wessels The Epicardium and Atrioventricular Valve Development. Project Period: 7/1/13 - 6/30/15. [2.78% score!]
- Co-Investigator – Kyu-Ho Lee (NHLBI) Elucidating the Phosphatase-Independent Roles of PTPN11 in the Heart7/1/13-6/31/17, PI: Maria Kontaridis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston.
- NIH/NCI R03 award to Suniti Misra, CA167722, Silencing CD44v6 Expression Prevents Intestinal Tumor Growth. Project Period: 3/1/13 - 2/28/15.
- NSF/SC EPSCOR/IDeA award to Scott Argraves, 'REU in Tissue Engineering and Biofabrication', January 2013.