Department of Regenerative Medicine and Cell Biology
News from 2011:
- Advanced Tissue Biofabrication Center Reopens BSB642 9/1/2011
- MUSC Student Research Day Award Daniel Grass (B. Toole Lab) won First Place for PhD Poster III: "Regulation of Invadopodia Formation and Activity by Emmprin (CD147)"
- MUSC Student Research Day Award Haley B. Lindner (R. Huise-Helmericks Lab) won First Place for PhD Oral VII and the Willard & Betty Peterson Award: "pGlcNAc Nanofibers From a Marine Diatom Stimulate a Scarless Wound Healing Program"
- MUSC Student Research Day Award J. Matthew Rhett (R. Gourdie Lab) won First Place for Postdocs/Residents/Fellows Oral III: "Connexin43 Interacts with Voltage-Gated Sodium Channel 1.5 in the Perinexus of Cardiomyocytes"
- MUSC Student Research Day Award Aaron M Blackshaw (K. Lee lab) won First Place for Undergraduate Oral presentation: “Nkx2.5 Regulates Hoxb4, MiR-10a, and Jarid2 Expression in the Developing Heart”
- MUSC Student Research Day Award Sharon L. Guffy (W. Scott Argraves lab) won Second Place for Undergraduate Oral Presentation: “Comparative Transcriptome Analysis to Identify Genes Regulating Elastogenesis”
- Brent Wilkerson (K. Argraves Laboratory) Awarded the 2011-2012 Provost's Student Scholarship
- South Carolina EPSCoR/IDeA Program GEAR Award to W. Scott Argraves Accelerated Elastin Assembly in Vascular Constructs Through Suppression of Proteoglycans 7/2011-6/2012)
- AHA Predoctoral Fellowship to Laura Briggs The Role of BMP4 in the Development of the Dorsal Mesenchymal Protrusion (7/2011-6/2013) *One of the top-five scores in the Pre-doctoral Fellowship award category*
- AHA Predoctoral Fellowship to Carmine Gentile VEGF/Akt-mediated Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase Phosphorylation as a Regulator of Endothelial Cell Division (7/2011-6/2013)
- NIH R03 award to Dr. Naohiro Yamaguchi Isoform-Specific Regulation of Skeletal Muscle Calcium Channel by Calmodulin (07/01/2011-06/30/2014)
- MUSC Foundation Distinguished Faculty Service Award to Roger R. Markwald (7/2011)
- AHA Predoctoral Fellowship to Wenjun He Monte Carlo Modeling of Radiation Doses in Pediatric Interventional Cardiology (7/2011-6/2013)
- Erin Pardue was inducted into the MUSC Student Leadership Society and was awarded a scholarship. (4/13/2011)
- NIH R21 award to Drs. Ann Ramsdell and Demetri Spyropoulos Mammary gland laterality in normal and neoplastic development (2011-2013)
- AHA Grant-in-Aid to Dr. Yukiko Sugi The role of BMP in regulating valvulogenesis (1/1/2011-12/31/2012)
- AHA Scientist Development Grant to Dr. Chip Norris Pathogenetic Mechanisms of Myxomatous Mitral Valve Dystrophy (1/1/2011-12/31/2014)